Is adoption right for me?
Your situation is unique to you. Our goal is to provide you with information so you can make the best decision for you and your family. Our counselors are always available at our toll free phone 800-401-3906.
Call us anytime at 1-800-401-3906.
ADOPTION INFORMATION FOR BIRTH PARENTS
All birthparents who reside in Illinois are welcome and eligible to participate in our program. The social worker will work with you to answer all your questions and help you make an adoption plan. Our telephone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your social worker will provide you with a cell phone number in case of emergency.
The following services are provided by Adoption-Link:
- Counseling as needed by a qualified social worker
- Assessment of current financial need
- Initial paperwork to establish a relationship and take care of your baby after delivery
- Determination of both parents’ rights and location
- Choice of adoptive families by reviewing various families’ profiles or by agency determination
- Decision concerning open or closed adoption
- Formation of an adoption plan
- Final and irrevocable surrenders of parental rights
- Post-adoption counseling
- Facilitation of communication through letters, pictures, meetings, etc., for those who choose an open adoption
Our policy is to treat you with the dignity and respect that you deserve. Adoption is your free choice. After the birth of your child, you have the next 72 hours to think clearly again about your decision to place your child for adoption. Before taking final and irrevocable surrenders, the social worker will speak with you about the permanency of these surrenders. Your confidentiality is of utmost importance to us. We want you to feel secure that an adoption plan is the best decision for your child, yourselves and your family.
Our practice is to communicate with you about everything that happens concerning your adoption plan with the agency, at the hospital and with the adoptive family. We want to work with you to form the goals that will best serve your family. We look forward to working with you and answering all questions as they develop. Thank you for choosing our agency.
For information on Adoption-Link’s adherence to the following Hague Policies and Procedures, please call Noreen Davidson, Executive Director, at 708-524-1433:
- Agency Rights and Responsibilities
- Confidentiality Policy
- Adoption at a Glance
Adoption-Link does not require biological or adoptive parents to sign any document that purports to waive claims against the agency (intentional, reckless acts, omission or gross negligence)